Writing Tips

Writing has always been a blast for me, but writer's block is a very real problem. So here's a few tips that help me.
  1. Coffee. A good coffee drink or Frappe and the words just seem to dance onto the page.
  2. Multiple stories. Sometimes when my mind goes blank or I feel like my writing is dry or off subject, then I switch to another story. The change sparks my interest all over again, and in a few days, my writing goes back to normal. Not to mention I have another great adventure to work on.
  3. Take a break. Don't overdo it. Some days I push my self a little too hard, and then the next day I'm totally burnt out on it. Sometimes it's best to just take it easy and enjoy it.
  4. Create real stories. A trip to the mountains or the movies can do wonders for me, and I come home refreshed and ready to write. 
  5. The Fill In. Reading over my story, adding, and making adjustments also helps me when I'm stuck or when I need to meet a page quota. By the time I read to the end, I usually have a clearer idea of where I was going with it and it flows smoother.
  6. Lastly, a healthy body is a healthy mind. Chia seed and honey every morning does wonders for my writing.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog